Probably the best solution for your communication needs, WhatsApp Messenger is perhaps the most popular service on the planet, and it’s completely free. The app requires an internet connection for your mobile data or WiFi to function. Whatsapp is mainly used for sending texts and making calls, but it can do so much more. WhatsApp 2.19.221 beta rolled out with performance improvements and bug fixes.
What can you do on WhatsApp?
- International Calls – Back in the day, you had to be rich to do such a thing. Calling your new friend that you met on vacation is now made easy and free with the internet, smartphone, and Whatsapp combo.
- Whatsapp Web – This feature is among the best that the messenger offers. Imagine that you’re too lazy to pick up your phone while you’re browsing on your PC. You can install Whatsapp Web on Windows or Mac and use your keyboard to type comfortably. Also very useful for productivity.
- Group Chat – A handy feature for prominent families, groups of friends, international groups, or business groups. You will not need to pass along information from one person to the other. Everyone can have access to your texts and files with group chat. Two hundred fifty people are supported per chat.
- Easy Log-in – You will not have to pick a username with 69 added to the back of it. Whatsapp Messenger uses your phone number to identify you. People can automatically reach you on the service if they have you in their contact lists and vice versa.
- Always online – If your internet connection is on, then you will never miss your messages. You will get notifications in case you want to open the app later. The same notifications will be sent if you’re offline. Once you activate your connection, you will be bombarded with messages.
- File transfer – Whatsapp is a quick and easy way to transfer photos, videos, and documents to your contacts. Various supporting apps will be used to open these files. If you do not have a correct app, then the file will just sit there until you install it.
What’s new in WhatsApp 2.19.221 beta?
WhatsApp 2.19.221 beta comes with bug fixes and performance improvements. To test the new WhatsApp beta version you have to signup as a beta tester. However, you can try WhatsApp 2.19.221 beta by manually installing the app via its APK file.
Joe Peterson was born and raised in San Francisco. He has contributed to Discovery Magazine, Cottage Country Magazine and Tech Insider. As a journalist for Swerd Media, Joe mostly covers national news. Aside from earning a living as a freelance journalist, Joe also spends much of his time training for ultra running.