With more than 2,4 billion active users each month, Facebook remains the undisputed king of the social media platform in the world. Facebook App for mobile devices has a lighter version, Facebook Lite, which comes handy for low- and mid-range smartphones. Recently, Facebook Lite 184.108.40.206.115 launched for Android with stability and performance enhancements.
The Facebook platform was released back in 2004 as an exclusive membership website for students who attended Harvard. After a while membership privilege was expanded to other colleges and universities. Since 2006 membership restrictions were removed and anyone with a valid email account can join the service for free.
In time the service was consolidated into a powerful company which was listed on the stock market in 2012, setting a new record as the value of the company reached $104 billion, the highest sum for a newly listed public company. At first, the service was accessible with the help of web browsers on desktops, laptops, and other devices.
What’s new in Facebook Lite 220.127.116.11.115?
Facebook anticipated the rise of the smartphone market and decided to release a standalone app which offered more features than the mobile browser equivalent. The Facebook app is great, but it can run into some issues on older devices. To solve this issue, Facebook decided to release a reworked version built from the ground up with a focus on performance – Facebook Lite. Here are some of its features:
- Find your family and friends and add them on Facebook.
- Share status updates to let the world what you are doing. Use emoji to for a bit of extra nuance and add beloved memes or spectacular photos.
- When someone comments or reacts to your posts, you will receive a notification, and you can see what they thought about it.
- Use the app to discover local events and invite friends to join you on your adventures.
- Add comments to the posts shared by your friends and let them know what you feel by using reactions.
- Keep your photos safe with the help of dedicated photo albums.
- Follow your favorite celebrities and people to learn the latest news.
Facebook Lite 18.104.22.168.115 update comes with new performance enhancements and some bug fixes. You can already download Facebook Lite 22.214.171.124.115 from the Google Play Store.
Steff Haines is a reporter for Swerd Media. After graduating from American River College, Steff got an internship at NPR and worked as a beat reporter for the Los Angeles Kings. Steff was also was a columnist for the Huff Post. Steff mostly covers entertainment and community events in the Sacramento area.